Saturday, March 6, 2010

March On!

Okay, I know that my lack of posts is just pitiful. So, for the sake of our next child (and Stacy and Laura), I am writing this update. We have had a ton going on, and we were not really sure which direction the Lord was leading us (do we EVER know??), so I have not posted. But, there has finally been some pretty good movement with our agency, and I want to document it. We got our "numbers" phone call yesterday, and we were told #7 for boys, #21 for girls, and #10 for siblings. In the meantime, we received an email update from our agency that includes referrals that they have given that are not reflected in our numbers. According to this email, we are now #4 for boy. Aggh! This means that there are only 3 people in front of us for a boy. Now, our case manager told me that it might take until June for us to receive a referral, but that seems kinda hard to believe with this few people in front of us. She did say that the closer you get to the bottom of the list, the longer it can take because the referral has to match your parameters. For us, our home study says that we can take a boy, or girl, or siblings up to age 20 months (agency rule, not ours). So, those are pretty broad parameters which increases our chances. We are getting excited!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, I saw your comment on my blog. How exciting that you are right in front of us :)

    I would love to email with you as we get closer - thekeyserfamily@gmail.com if you want to chat. I do know there is one family in front of you that is waiting for a boy 12-24 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your updates! I always get so excited to see what's going on!!
    Praying for you every day!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - we are getting excited, too. Can't wait for the big announcement. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been checking and checking to see what the latest numbers were. I took a break since you'd been, uh hm, lacking in posts... just kidding. That's how it is when you're raising kids and living lives. Cannot wait to hear about your amazing child(ren).

    Hang in there,
    Amanda and clan

    ReplyDelete