Friday, April 16, 2010

Hope in the Dark Event

Last night, my husband and I got to be a part of an incredible event called Hope in the Dark. It was amazing!! Mike and Beth Hamilton (he is the athletic director at UT) brought home 3 children from Ethiopia last year. During their journey, they felt the Lord prompting them to do more. So, they started a foundation - the Kalugrace - to "get the word out". For the event, they had the Watoto African children's choir (orphan children from Uganda), speakers from a clinic in Kenya, a film about Blood:Water Mission, and Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman. Yes, you read that right - the Chapmans were there to talk about their organization called Show Hope. I just sat in my chair with tears running down my face half the night. Apparently, I was not the only one moved, because they raised $270,000. And, there was an AGCI family there who received $15,000 towards their adoption - holy cow!! So cool to watch the Lord at work!

It was such a blessing to be able to go and see all the people with hearts for Africa. Not to mention, we got to see a lot of friends from the adoption community (shout out to Lindsey). My heart feels full!!

No comments:

Post a Comment