Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Call !!!

Oh, how I have longed to write this post! So, here goes -
I had a call in to Julie (our case manager) on Tuesday about an adoption question. Normally, it takes a day or two for the case managers to respond. So yesterday at 5:30 when my phone rang, and I saw the 971 area code, I was at Dollywood. Not only was I at Dollywood, but I was responsible for 10 children while there. Everybody was waiting for me at the gate to leave the park. I saw the number on my screen, and OF COURSE, I answered. Julie said, "Hi, I got your message, and I am calling you back. But, I also have something else to talk to you about. Is now a good time?". Me - little sob - "Sure, now would be great!". I ran over to the benches where all the kids were waiting for me, explained that it was the referral call, and put someone in charge of Gigi (my 2 1/2 year. old). Julie started telling me about little man, and I had nothing to write with etc., but I completely did not care. I just listened to what she could tell me, kowing the whole time that this little guy is EXACTLY who we have
been waiting for!! I had been praying the other day, and telling the Lord my "perfect case scenario" for the details on our little guy. When Julie started telling me details about him, those details exceeded even my "perfect scenario" (Ephesians 3:20). So, finally we HAD to leave the park because I had to get everybody to church; but, I was still talking to Julie. She just got to hear the tram operator in the background and the crowds of other people. We finally made it to the car, loaded everybody in, and started the 1 hour ride home. I kept checking my phone for Julie's email, and finally received it in the drive-thru line at Taco Bell. The first time I ever laid eyes on our precious one, I was in the middle of ordering 16 burritos ;). We are beyond thrilled and covet prayers for a quick court date, and the Lord's favor to pass court the first time.

16 comments:

  1. We are so excited you for you guys! praying for a fast court date!
    becca
    ourjourneyto6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! YAY!!! Call me for more details when you have a "free" moment... that is probably the funniest call story yet... so real life! AND why am I just now finding your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a blessing! Our God is faithful! So excited for your and will continue to read more and hear how God works out the rest of the details.

    Kimberly
    www.purposefulevents.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big congratulations to you and your precious family! I can't wait to hear more....May God continue to bless your family...We are so excited for you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO exciting!!!! i love THE CALL stories!!!! praying for a quick court process for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so exciting. Call stories are always such fun to read. Praying the rest of the process goes quickly for your family and you have your sweet boy in your arms very soon.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, wonderful news! How exciting for you and your family! Prayers for a quick court date, and even quicker travel plans : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all goes super smooth from here on out!!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you!!! Hope the court date and travel come very soon - your little man will be in your arms before you know it!!!

    :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!!!!!!! I am so excited and started to cry when I read this! And, I don't even know you! God is so good, so good, so good! Thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I KNEW IT!!! Congratulations! Cannot wait to hear all about him! You are blessed beyond measure. Love that burritos factored into the story

    Many Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yessssssssssss! I have been praying SO hard! I can't wait to hear more!!
    I have a new email because we just moved (99 year old farmhouse. I'm in heaven!)
    s dewitt 7 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your sweet encouragement on my blog comment! I couldn't figure out how to email you, so I thought I would leave it on here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. we're due for another update...don't 'cha think?

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY!!! And how is it that I have not known about your blog so I could stalk it for months and months?! Since you said Julie was your CM, I am assuming you are with AGCI? Julie was our CM too! Love her. I can't wait to meet you guys in person on Saturday. Bring the referral pics!!! :)

    ReplyDelete